Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meeting Zacariah




It's be 14 hours and I still haven't seen Zacariah! I have a new nurse my day nurse and I tell her I ha vent seen my baby! She says oh No I'll go get a wheel chair and take you up there. she excuses herself and by this time Marcos walks in I tell him I haven't seen the baby! He says I'll take you by this time the nurse comes with the wheel chair Marcos tells her he'll take me she encourages me to try walking i say OK Marcos helps me up and i walk out my room very slowly hold onto the wheel chair and very slowly push it as it gives me support! We walk into the elevator and I'm thinking wounder how small he really is? Is he really OK or are they just telling me that? The elevator door opens and we get off i get butterflies in my tummy I want to run but reality settles in and I'm walking very slowly. I finally get there and Marcos punches in our secret code they let us in we wash up and we enter the room Marcos points theres nurses around him he's the first baby I walk to the incubator and put my hands on it and stare! The nurses quickly introduce themselves and excuse themselves and let me have this MOMENT.. Marcos whispers you can open the Lil windows and touch him but don't rub his skin it's to sensitive just touch him. I say OK I instantly forget my pain and open the windows and put my hands on my baby i touch his head i touch his feet i touch him everywhere and whisper hello Zacariah it's Mommy I'm here i take my hand out and kiss my fingers and put it back through the window and touch his head. I love my tiny baby! Tiny he is! I'm thankful for him! I look around and see so many other preemies 10 to be exact the parents look at me and smile at me I smile back then i look at Zacariah my Lil Miracle and i again Thank God! The nurse comes back and brings me a chair I sit very slowly she tells me Zacariah is very Feisty he took off his oxygen @ 6am and I said fine you don't want it I won't put it on you she said i was sure i was going to have to but i didn't he's breathing just fine he Knew he didn't need it I chuckle and say that's Zacariah My Fighter! I'm starting to feel very tired and Marcos must sense it he say Rita lets go for you can go lay down we'll come back later. I slowly get up open the window again and whisper Zacariah I love you I'm so proud of you I sing him OUR song "Twinkle twinkle Lil star" I again tell him he's so strong and I LOVE HIM and mommy has to go rest but I'll be back i slowly walk out of the room and dare not turn around i get in the wheel chair and Marcos pushes me back to my room. I slowly climb in my bed with Marcos' help and sob calmly trying not to apply any pressure to my fresh wound that's on my lower tummy and I say Lord this is my MIRACLE I've waited 10 years for him PLEASE protect him and give me the strength for whatever might and will come my way. I then close MY eyes and fall asleep.

No comments: