Wednesday, May 18, 2011

2-10-2011 Oldest meeting Youngest




I'm awaken @ 6am with a TeX on my phone. It reads Hi Mom can I miss school today and go see you and the baby? Dad said it was fine but to ask you. I respond YES Nathaniel that will be great! I call the NICU and ask how Zacariah is doing the nurse re ponds doing great! Marcos and Nathaniel show up @ 8:30am and Nathaniel starring at me wide eyed he comes and kisses my fore head and Say's mom how do you feel? I tell him I'm a little tired but that i feel good and if he's ready to go meet his baby brother with a huge smile he says I'm ready! Marcos gets the wheel chair and i push it slowly to the fourth floor. Marcos does our code the doors swing open and i notice Nathaniel take a deep breath and he says wait wait i instantly stop and say Nathaniel the baby's OK he's just here cause he was born to early he has to grow! Nathaniel then says OK OK! How i had the strength to reassure my oldest and beyond my belief my heart feels like it's broken over and over. I pat Nathaniel's arm and tell him to wash up and together we enter the room. I say Zacariah HI it's Mommy and Nathaniel is here to meet you. I tell Nathaniel talk to him Nathaniel says hey Zac it's me Nate Your so cute and Little then he chuckles. I open the window's and tell Nathaniel to touch him he does and he chuckles again! The nurse comes by and says Hi Mama would you like to hold your baby??? With the biggest smile on my face I say I would love to. She then gets everything ready and very carefully she places him in my arms and I'm carrying him very carefully being he has leads and tubes all over his tiny Lil body! I'm bursting with pure JOY I tell him I love him I kiss his checks I sing to him and I look up and Nathaniel is starring right at me with a smile on his face and a tear streaming down his face and he says Mom our baby's beautiful holding back tears i clear my throat and reply Yes he is this is our Miracle our LIL Fighter! I'm getting tired and my cuts starting to hurt but how can i part with this Gift! The Nurse comes by and Say's it's been 1hour we have to put Zacariah back in his bed. I again give him a Lil squeeze tell him I love him and i will be back later! (preemies get cold real fast so they don't like to keep them out longer than an hour) I slowly get up walk to the wheel chair sit down and Nathaniel pushes me back to my room. we walk back in silence thinking our own thoughts we get back to the room Marcos helps me to my bed and he says rest we'll go back in a few hours. I agree close my eyes and Thank God for The beautiful bond Nathaniel and Zacariah have already formed
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg little niece I could not finish reading. You need to print all this in a book for your aunts and family to read ..so touching and more than real,just beautiful,so,full of love.. I love you mija. God is so awesome. His miracle lives in us