Monday, May 16, 2011

2/8/2011 HE'S HERE!






At 6:30am I'm awaken with quick pains and I think am I having contractions? I start timing them and there about 7 min. apart. Dr Helm (my high risk Dr.) walks in and I say I think I'm having contractions, He looks at the paper and says yes you are just try to relax and Rita remember Every hour counts you've held off for 4 days just remain calm and rest I say OK Dr. Thank You. He tells me I'll check on you in awhile just rest. I close My eyes and a few hours pass and I'm awaken with contractions every 2 minutes! My Nurse walks in and says Rita your contracting hows your pain? I let her know I feel NO pain but I do feel the contractions she says she's calling the Dr. she comes back and says were going to move you to labor and delivery as soon as a room opens it looks like your baby is coming today!! I bite the bottom of my lip and speak in my head, Lord keep your hand on me and my baby amen! At 3pm i get moved to labor and delivery the plan is to have the baby natural I'm quickly progressing! I have been moved from Dr. Kopaz team to Dr. Thomas' team at this time. Dr. Dalmi walks in and sits next to me and Marcos walks to the bed and he says he recommends that i get a epidural just in case theres an emergency and i end up in Cesarean that way I'll be ready to go. I agree with him Marcos also agrees they call the anaesthesiologist. My Nurse Monique helps me up to the side of the bed I sit at the edge the anaesthesiologist tells me to relax and he pokes me I instantly jump up I quickly apologize and tell him wait. I take a deep breath look at my nurse who is standing in front of me holding my shoulders and nod my head she then tells the anaesthesiologist OK she's ready he pokes me again and instantly My right leg kicks up and it feels like it's on fire i start screaming my leg my leg my knee he quickly says i hit a nerve it's OK but i missed and i have to do it again by this time I'm sobbing (for those of you who know me know i can handle pain) this is just unbearable! Marcos who is outside the room cause the anasthesiologist just wanted my Nurse in there starts fiercely knocking on the door shouting Rita Rita are you OK what's going on in there?? The anthologist tells me to look up and sit straight and to take a break and quickly excuses himself i look at my nurse with tears pouring down my face she looks Me straight in the eyes and says Mama your doing good this will all be over soon just relax and breath! The anthologist walks back in and apologizes again saying this has never happened to him before but he promises this time he will get it! so needless to say the 3rd poke he got it! He helps me lay back down apologizes again I'm so winded i just nod. Marcos walks in and ask what happened i told him and he gets so MAD! I tell him I'm OK it's done. Dr. Dalhmi walks in with a concern look on his face and says Rita were taking you in to surgery the baby's heart is dipping and we dont want baby to be stressed! I look at him i take a deep breath and say OK Dr. whatever you say! He walks out to get ready the nurse brings Marcos scrubs he getting dressed and I'm thinking Is this really Happening I'm 30 weeks and 4 days is this happening! I look at my dad and he reassures me with a smile every things going to be OK! I look at my Mom with tears in my eyes she instantly comes to me and say Mija every things going to be OK You can do it! The Nurse comes in and says OK let's go I'm sobbing by now Marcos grabs my hand and says Rita don't cry every things going to be OK he wipes my tears and we enter the surgery room. At 5:49pm the Dr announces you have a baby boy congratulations and he immediately gives the baby to the neonatal Dr's that were outside the door waiting to receive the baby! fifteen minutes later they call Marcos for he can go meet the baby he tells me I'll be right back! He comes back awhile later and shows me the camera and says this is your baby boy he weighs 3 pounds 8 ounces and is 16 1/2 inches long and he's beautiful! He tells me there putting oxygen on him but he's OK every things OK there getting ready to move him to the neonatal floor! I look at Marcos and say He's OK and he Nods yes he's OK Thank u Jesus and we sob quietly! my surgery is done and they move me back to my room and the nurse says maybe at midnight you can meet your baby! I'm in and out I feel exhausted but at the same time alert! I want to see my baby! The visitors come pouring in and im so highly medicated I'm not sure if i even make sense! one by one Marcos goes and takes them to meet Zacariah Kingston Macias. He comes back I ask him hows the baby and he say hes doing great and the nurses are all so nice and there taking really good care of him and i close my eyes and smile.

No comments: