Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HAPPY 78TH B-DAY GRANDMA











Happy 78th birthday to my grandma! Grandma Irene. Grandma is know all across the united states for her great cooking! She is the best cook you'll ever meet! Grandma has had so many people from around the globe visit her kitchen and taste her delicious food! My favorite well one of my favorites is grandma clam chowder yummy yummy! I'm telling you grandma can cook any type of food from Mexican,Italian,Japanese, anything actually! If u teach here how to make something she ends up making it better than the one who taught her! It's just so weird.... she has magic hands... no not really but the Lord has blessed here and gave here such an amazing talent in cooking! she's cooked for preachers, missionary's, evangelist, district superintends let me tell u she's just cooked for so many people! When people come to Sanger they always want to be invited to Sis. Irene's house just for her good ole cooking and also to see my beautiful grandma! I love my grandma and have so many fond memories of her: like when I had my oldest son she drove all the way to San Diego to see him and than she took me shopping she bought me a swing,diaper genie,clothes and so much other stuff and grandma was the first one to bathe nathaniel in his baby tub! When I had my youngest matthew grandma went to the hospital and waited there till I had him and when I got home grandma went to my very 1st apartment and brought all kinds of gift for matthew she also bought something for nathaniel she didn't want to leave him out.... I saw grandma go into the kitchen and what did she have yes my favorite: clam chowder she called me to eat and oh yes how delicious it was! My grandma loves all her grandchildren very much.. but since this is my blog I'm just talking about me and grams... When I was a young girl I use to go to visit grandma in the bay area cause that's where she lived... and she would have so many activities for me and my other family that was there and each night she would cook our favorite meal and of course we all got to pick our favorite mine of course was anything to do with sea food and grandma knows I love sea food after dinner the girls would clean up after the boys(grandma is very old school) girls would clean up boys would throw the trash and then she would take us for dessert at our favorite ice cream shop FETENS ICE CREAM it was the best Ice Cream ever!! Grandma never missed a grandparents day and she always got a gift for having the most grandchildren and for coming the farthest!!!! I love my grandma so much and am so happy she's still around going strong driving her beautiful LEXUS yip grandma has style even @ 78.....


Grandma has 9 children

Grandma has 19 grandchildren

Grandma has 19 great grand children and one on the way

Grandma has one great great grand child and one on the way



Grandma has been serving the Lord for 78 years! She got baptize in Jesus name when she was 15 years old! Grandma has been faithful and the Lord has blessed her abundantly!

7 comments:

Queen Catherella said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandma. Grandma's are very special... I recently lost my own maternal grandma at 80 years old... in June '07...we had a very similar relationship that you two have...cherish every moment (o:

Happy Birthday Grandma Irene (o:

Catherine

REE5 MACIAS said...

Hi cathy! How r u? Do u remember my grandma? She use to go to Rialto alot when we lived there! Sorry to hear about your grandma.. and yes I cherish and Thank God for my grandma all the time! well ttul.. so how do you like facebook? tell Eileen I said Hello.

Queen Catherella said...

Hi Rita,
Yes, I do vaguely remember your grandma. It's been so long since I've thought about my time at Rialto, that now I'm trying to remember my memories.. ha ha ha if that makes any sense... lol....

Yeah, facebook is interesting... i have a myspace page, an Everyone's Apostolic page, a blog and now facebook... so much to keep up on... ha ha ha... i did find some people on facebook that i haven't seen or talked to in ages... i should use facebook to connect with them...

i think eileen has been talking to yvonne lately.. so that's good (o:

geesh... i'm writing a book... hahahah i'll stop for now...

love to the family (o:
cat

REE5 MACIAS said...

I know my sis-n-law just got me into facebook! I also have a myspace and than my blog so yes so much to keep up with it's just hilarious:) I really enjoy facebook because I've found alot of old friends and it's really cool to catch up and see what your old friends are up to! so what's your myspace name? I'll look for you... Well do you know shelly bishop lives here in fresno?( that's like 10 minutes away?) she goes to elder Mortons' church! well gots to go.. ttul...

Queen Catherella said...

my profile name is Ms. Bingley... yeah look me up (o:

shelly! if you see her, tell her I said HI! awwww....

I'll email you... sooo much to write... plus Eileen and I will be in San Diego this weekend... so maybe I should try to look Yvonne up!

ttul

Aune's Adventures said...

Ree,

Great post on Grandma Irene. Unfortunately, I didn't get to celebrate with her this year. She is WONDERFUL grandma and I have many fond memories of her as well.

Love,
Vonnie

REE5 MACIAS said...

cathy Yes look up yvonne she would love it....

Vonnie: isn't she the bestest....